Friday, July 30, 2010

Showing Your Love

When i was a child, i used to be very demanding. I always wanted my father to buy me toys. I still can remember, my favourite toys was LEGO. I love playing with LEGO, even till today because i can build anything i want. It is a tool to build children's creativity. Whenever we went for shopping in supermarket, i will look for this toy. I will stand there and look at the toy till my parent come to pull me home.

For those who are from Teluk Intan, do you remember Sungei Perak? or Rakyat superstore? Oh yes, my favourite place. One of the strategy i used to ask my father to buy LEGO ( for your info, it was not a cheap at that time ), was to stand there and cry out loud and i will not move my feet even when my parents were pulling me. And my favourite LEGO was castle, with palace, horses, soldiers and so on. Guess what, my success rate was 95% !!! At that time, i know my parents love me, perhaps i am the youngest, that's why i dare to try.

As for now, i am the parents. I always ask myself, " Should I buy a lot of toys for my kids to show my love?" Can we consider loving our children by giving all the things they want? Do they really need toys to make them happy? After being parents myself for almost 6 years now, i would say that the real love does not lie on the toys. It depends on the quality time and quantity time we spend with them. The feeling of love doesn't come from toys, but come from our heart. No matter how many toys we are going to buy for them, it will not increase or improve the feeling of love. Thus, I hope that all the young parents will think carefully before investing so much money on toys.

Question: How to avoid buying too many toys for the kids? I will share with you all later. Happy parenting !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails